Oconomowoc’s City Beaches opens Memorial Day weekend!
*Beach hours are slightly adjusted the first couple weeks until school gets out, and then normal hours take effect.
City Beach is located on the southern shore of Lac Labelle and is accessible from W. Wisconsin Avenue in downtown Oconomowoc with limited on-site parking available. Bender Beach is located north on Highway 67 on the eastern shore of Lac La Belle. Street parking is available. The beaches are staffed with lifeguards the following hours, weather permitting. The beach may also be closed due to other events such as concerts, drills and trainings, etc.
Please note the beach swim area will be restricted to the small section during swim lessons, Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Beaches are open Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
- City Beach – Swimming Hours 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Bender Beach – Swimming Hours 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Beach admissions can be purchased at each location. Credit cards are not accepted.
- Daily Bands $ 2.50 each Resident / $ 5.00 Non-resident
- Season Bands $20.00 each Resident / $45.00 Non-resident
- *Children under six are free with a paid adult. Adult must be within arms-reach of child at all times.
- *Residents are those who reside in the City and pay City of Oconomowoc taxes. Non-residents are individuals who reside outside the City of Oconomowoc. This includes the Town of Oconomowoc.
- Beach bands are required at all city beaches and can be purchased at the guard house. Beach bands must be worn on the sand and in the water.
- Children 5 and under are not allowed in the water unless a parent or adult over the age of 16 is at arm’s-length away from them.
- Only strong swimmers are allowed at the piers. Floatation devices must remain in the shallow section.
- No swimming under the piers, hanging on the ropes, buoys, or ladders. Only one person on the ladder at a time. No climbing down the ladder.
- Horseplay, such as running, splashing, pushing/shoving, or dunking, is not permitted.
- No backwards jumps, back dives or flips off of the piers.
- No throwing sand/rocks, swearing, or sitting/standing on another person’s shoulders.
- Swimming in long pants is prohibited.
- Glass, grills, bikes, and pets are not allowed in the park. Alcohol is prohibited on the beach, but allowed in the park. No food or drink in the water.
- Fishing in or near the swimming or boat launch area is not allowed.
- No feeding the waterfowl (per city ordinance).
Canoes, Kayak, Paddle Boards, Paddle Boat Rentals
Canoes, kayaks, paddle boards, and paddle boats are available for rent at City Beach during normal beach hours. Rentals are available when a boat launch attendant is on duty. Hours are subject to change due to weather.
Canoe, kayak and paddleboat rentals are available on an hourly basis based on the following fee structure:
1 hour rental $10.00 Resident / $15.00 Non-resident
4 hour rental $30.00 Resident / $45.00 Non-resident
8 hour rental $60.00 Resident / $90.00 Non-resident
Paddle board rentals are available on an hourly basis.
$ 15 / hour Resident
$ 20 / hour Non-Resident
Mark your calendar for FREE Fridays at City Beach!
Nonresident cards purchased at the Community Center can be used to pay for Beach Fees ONLY. If someone presents a nonresident card for beach fees, they will be charged resident rates for the person whose name is on the card ONLY. Refer to a waterfront supervisor if questioned about a nonresident card.